PCOSupport Community Forums  

Go Back   PCOSupport Community Forums > PCOSA Forums > Lifestyle - Diet and Exercise

Notices

Old 04-20-2011, 02:11 PM   #1
beccalandon

Default Slim Down for Summer Weight Loss Challenge

Hello Everyone,
My name is Becca and I was able to do the winter weightloss challege, with all of those wonderful ladies. We wanted to start a new challenge to keep everyone motivated and I'm open to any ideas that people have. I'd like to have some weekly challenges set up and we can all weigh in on our own day and share the results. I won't be making a graph every week (I'm a full time student, so the end of the year is busy), but I'll try to keep the thread busy. I could also try making a graph at the end of the challenge and we could see who lost the most that way. When should this challenge start (I was thinking 1st of may) and how long should it go?
beccalandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 01:31 PM   #2
beccalandon

Well i'm going to start posting my results and anyone who wants can join in. Today I'm into Onederland for the first time in about 5 or 6 years (not: i'm only eighteen), I've lost 35 lbs since I started in November and almost 30 since January (Yay for a new year)! I'm 199 today, last week I was 201.2, and this is with absolutly no excercise this week because I have strep and pertussis. I'm pretty proud of my eating, yes I had cough drops and white noodles, but no ice cream or sugary treats.
Old 04-23-2011, 07:57 PM   #3
Piper Gurl

I'll join this group as well =)! 23 years old and definitely need to start slimming down. My best friend is deployed on an aircraft carrier for the next 3 months - I want to lose as much weight as I can safely before his return.

My other goal is to run a 5K before my birthday in the beginning of August! 289 today - hopefully less next time I post
Piper Gurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 08:32 PM   #4
impatient

Count me in! I am not doing so well sticking to my diet and have no exercise routine. I need all the support I can get. I will have to weight myself tomorrow. I think I am somewhere between 302 and 298.

Becca - you should contact the person who does the Stickys and ask her to make this one.
TTC since June 2009
Met 2000mg, Folic Acid, Fish Oil, Cinnamon, vit. D, B12, Chromium Picolinate + multi.
2 furbabies Roxey (shepherd mix) & Lil' Kitty

impatient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 09:33 PM   #5
Jennater

I'd like to join. I think a may 1 start date would be great! I'm not sure my weight right now cause I haven't weighed in lately but I'm sure I'm back over 200 again. Need motivation!!

Becca- thanks for starting this.

Impatient- thanks for the notify on this thread!
three fur babies (Abbey (schnauzer), Wicket (Shih Tzu), Princess Buttercup (chihuahua mix))
Glutmetza 1000 MG <-- Stopped due to side effects on 6/16/2012

Jennater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 11:46 PM   #6
impatient

Your welcome Jenna!

I agree. May 1st would be fine. What will the end date be? Of the previous challenges, the Water one was the only one I did well with.

I like the graphs. Maybe do one at the half way point then a final one at the end??

I am really looking forward to getting back into this! I want to get down 2 more dress sizes before September (maybe 1 before June).
TTC since June 2009
Met 2000mg, Folic Acid, Fish Oil, Cinnamon, vit. D, B12, Chromium Picolinate + multi.

Old 04-28-2011, 12:34 AM   #7
beccalandon

I don't know about the challenges, maybe we can all brainstorm. There will be at least one week in June when I won't have access to my computer and I have finals in three weeks, so I might not be accessable then. What do people think of the last day of July for the end date? We could do Labor Day if we want to make it really long or July 4th, if we want to make it shorter. I have to say I'd like a little longer because my other challenge is ending the first Saturday in July and I might need some additional motivation. if anyone has ideas feel free to share, I'm no expert on weightloss or challenges
Old 04-28-2011, 09:29 AM   #8
impatient

I'd prefer it end no later the the end of July. I tend to lose motivation if it's too long. There's no reason we can't refresh and start a new one.
TTC since June 2009

Old 04-28-2011, 01:52 PM   #9
beauty1216

Well ladies, summer will be here in 2 short months. I had been "dieting" for almost 2 years and yeilded very little results. I started a new routine back in November of last year, so I did have a little head start! lol

I have lost 55 pounds. It took me almost a year to loose the first 10 pounds though. At one point, I was extremely discouraged. However, even before I noticed weight loss, I did notice my clothes were fitting me much better. That helped to keep me motivated. I still need to loose 15 pounds and my weight seems to be at a stand still now. I am considered 15 pounds overweight, but the same diet that helped me shed 45 extra pounds, does not seem to help the last 15. I will not give up. I realize that many people go through this. It is just your body making muscle and getting ready to shed more pounds......if you keep your routine up.

I think mid July would be a realistic approach for anyone. Between now and then, if we diet and exercise at least 5 times a week, we will shed pounds. I am all for a summer slim down challenge and if we can all agree on an end date, we can help support each other all the way through!!!

Last edited by beauty1216; 04-28-2011 at 01:56 PM.
beauty1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 03:02 PM   #10
impatient

beauty - What were you doing that helped you lost those 45 lbs? I have a hard time exercising... or getting the motivation to do it. I think that 5 times a week is a lot for someone like me, who doesn't really exercise. I think that at this point it my weight loss it is key. I hit a plateau after the first 25 lbs came off. They came off just with low carb and Met.

I am looking forward to the new challenge. I hope if the weather improves I will be motivated to go outside and at least walk.
TTC since June 2009

Tags
support, weight loss