PCOSupport Community Forums  

Go Back   PCOSupport Community Forums > PCOSA Forums > Pregnancy > Pregnancy After Loss

Notices

Old 02-18-2013, 08:59 AM   #1
melliott86

Default Getting pregnant after C-section & Loss

Hello all-
I was on the community boards before...then was overwhelmed while I was preggers and left.
Needless to say, my twins were born at 24 3/7 weeks because I was suffering from HELLP syndrome. They did not survive... so now after going on 3.5 years of infertility, we're back to square one.
I had a vertical incision to get them out fast. Now I want to get pregnant again but the doctors told us 18 months between deliveries. All I want is to focus on getting pregnant again...it was 3 years of my life...I feel like I need to focus on it again.
Has anyone else had a vertical incision and what was your "healing" time between pregnancies that you were told??
Help....
TTC since 8/09
3 cycles Femara, 3 cycles Clomid - No O
Follistim 12/10, 5/11, & 7/11, unable to conceive
IVF#1 BFP!! Twins born 16 weeks premature due to HELLP syndrome
Samuel 9/3-9/25/12, Andrew 9/3-9/6/12
Currently: TTC#3
http://confessionsoftwinmomma.blogspot.com/
melliott86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:09 PM   #2
shan3401

Send a message via MSN to shan3401

When you say vertical, do you mean vertical outside or vertical on your uterus on the inside? I have had 3 c-sections and they were horizontal on the uterus, but vertical outside cut. My first and second were 9 years apart, but my seond and third, I got pg when my second was 7 mos old. Everything went fine, and the dr never said we were in any danger.

I hope you get a sticky bfp very soon! I will be praying for you!
DS #1 Arrived 3-4-01 Surprise!
DS #2 6-29-10 1500mg metformin, 150mg clomid
DD 10-27-11 Surprise!

shan3401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:02 PM   #3
flutter
PCOStar!

I also have a horizontal incision so I'm not sure that this will be helpful, but I was told 6 months waiting at a minimum they said 12 months ideally. If it's 18 months between deliveries and pregnancy is 10 of those months, would that mean you were cleared to TTC again by early summer?

I think it takes about a year for your body to recoup all of the nutrients and minerals that a previous pregnancy would have stripped. My guess is that's where their time line came from?

I'm so terribly sorry for your loss ((hugs)) I can't imagine how difficult it was. My best friend had HELLP with her first pregnancy that thankfully didn't start until she was well into her third trimester. Her son survived and her next pregnancy was healthy and normal, but very closely monitored.
flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:02 PM   #4
melliott86

Default Incision

To clarify I have a vertical internal and bikini external. One of my boys was extremely high as well as both placentas being high. The dilemma here is that my RE said there is some new research linking OHSS to HELLP so by conceiving naturally, I could hopefully limit my chance of HELLP. It was scary...my liver was swelling, liver enzymes climbing, and platelets dropping if I hadn't delivered when I did I very well may not have been here. I have an OB appt on Thurs to check in on plans for a subsequent pregnancy so here's hoping maybe they can lend some further help....
TTC since 8/09
Old 02-20-2013, 04:40 AM   #5
melliott86

So um...interestingly enough...I've been having what I thought might be pregnancy symptoms for a week (took 3 tests this weekend that were all negative) and today is the day my period was due with still no sign or symptom...so I took a test...and it was a faint positive. I'm freaking out. I don't know whether to be excited or nervous...I have no f-ing idea...all I can say is holy cow....we were NOT trying at all (withdrawal form of birth control proves to be ineffective). OMG
TTC since 8/09
Old 03-03-2013, 09:48 PM   #6
Tink
PCOSuperStar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by melliott86 View Post
So um...interestingly enough...I've been having what I thought might be pregnancy symptoms for a week (took 3 tests this weekend that were all negative) and today is the day my period was due with still no sign or symptom...so I took a test...and it was a faint positive. I'm freaking out. I don't know whether to be excited or nervous...I have no f-ing idea...all I can say is holy cow....we were NOT trying at all (withdrawal form of birth control proves to be ineffective). OMG
Oh my goodness! Updates please!!

Tink is offline   Reply With Quote