PCOSupport Community Forums  

Go Back   PCOSupport Community Forums > PCOSA Forums > Lavender

Notices

Old 03-12-2010, 05:26 PM   #1
cwade

Default new girl here

Hello, My name is Christian and I was diagnosed with PCOS back in 2004 (or was it 2003?). One doctor said that I'm a textbook case of this condition. I'm currently taking birth control pills due to this condition and I'd like to figure out how to be tested for insulin resistance. Last time I had blood work done on me, my hemoglobin was 11.7 and my blood sugar was 100. I'm planning to take iron pills and see what I should do about my blood sugar. My blood sugar is normally in the low to mid 90s when I have fasted. Can anyone relate to what I'm saying? I also cannot seem to conceive, even when I wasn't taking birth control pills. I've heard of women who are fertile as rabbits but the stork would keep passing me by. On one hand, I plan to adopt, but on the other hand, I always dreamed of having a baby or two of my own. One friend suggested I get scar tissue removed from my reproductive organs but this was a male who suggested this...I'm looking for a community that I can visit regularly but I don't have any groups local to me. I live in Kansas City; any Kansas Citians here?

I live with my in-laws and husband of 5 years. My husband and I have two cats, a tortoise-shell and a black cat. They are my beautiful princesses and I can't imagine life without them. They are my children, so I can say both of my children have paws. I can't wait to get to know you guys...
cwade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 10:35 PM   #2
dims826

Hi Christian! Welcome to the forum.

As far as blood sugar your fasting sounds great! To check for insulin resistance they may want to do a glucose monitoring test which is over a 3 hour period and you have drink this really sugary drink. They draw your blood about 3-4 times....i think. It has been a while since I have done it.

Good luck and I hope this helps!
dims826 is offline   Reply With Quote